Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Raven [DONE] Vote_lcapRaven [DONE] Voting_barRaven [DONE] Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Raven [DONE]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 am

"Think again."

Raven

Raven [DONE] Raven

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Rachel Roth
Nickname(s): Rae, Rae-Rae, Sunshine, Henchy
Codename: Raven
Alias(es): Raven
Classification: Half-demon, half-azarathean
Affiliation: Good

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Purple
Eye Color: Purple
Height: 5'5''
Weight: 110 lbs
Other Traits: N/A

===POWERS===

Powers:

• Soul-self: The basis of almost all of Raven’s powers are derived from her soul-self. She is able to project her soul from her body into corporeal form, allowing her to use it to interact with the physical world, and to traverse through time-space. Her soul-self takes the form of a double of her own body or more commonly, a large black raven. It can fly twice as fast as she normally does, reaching speed of around 200 mph. Raven's soul-self is able to envelop her (along with at least four other people) in order to phase through obstacles, or through the ground. Though normally composed of energy that is coloured black, Raven's soul-self can change colour depending on her emotional state, manifesting as red or white.

• Telekinesis: Raven can merge a small part of her soul-self into objects so as to take control of them, with the object essentially becoming an extension of her soul-self; this may be the reason why she prefers to take control of inanimate objects rather than people. The limit to how much matter she is able to control is unknown, though it ranges well into hundreds of tons, allowing her to hurl city buses, mounds of rubble or even uprooting whole slabs of pavement. Whenever she takes control of something, it is covered in the same dark energy that composes her soul-self. However, her control over objects is not limitless, and she cannot lift things that are over 100 tons in weight, and even closing that limit would be pushing it.

• Solid Constructs: With her soul-self able to be moulded into any shape, Raven often creates simple domes or walls that acts as barriers against attack. She can project solid bolts to be used as projectiles, or a steady stream of solid force. She has been shown making razor sharp blades to cut through obstacles, claws that can restrain foes and floating platforms to ride on. The claws that hold people are strong and would be able to effortlessly hold anyone short of super-strength within grasp, and would vanish upon a strong hit, like Cyborg's sonic cannon. Dome strength depends on its size, it diminishing the bigger area she has to protect. A dome that she would use to protect only herself would easily hold a direct missile hit or two without shattering, however if she has to protect a large area, or a party, the dome would break from a single hit. The blades she could summon differ in strength and size - the smaller ones are compatible with a powerful punch, and big ones could slice a car in two.

• Dimensional Travel: She can open portals to Azarath, by reciting an incantation. Theoretically, she can open portals to other planets, but it would require different incantations.

• Empathy: The power to sense the emotions of others, allowing her to experience their own feelings is also through her soul-self. Raven can remove the pain of others in order to induce a trance of emotional calm.

• Telepathy: Enables her to sense the mental state of others, as she stated that she would know if someone's mind had been tampered with.

• Levitation: Raven can levitate off the ground and fly, without visible projection of her dark energy as is shown when she utilizes telekinesis. Her power is also sufficient to enable her to counter the gravitational pull of other planets

• Half-Demon Form: When Raven is highly upset, she can transform into her half-demon self, growing 3 times in size, usually with four glowing red eyes (a trait inherited from her demon father, Trigon) and sprouting a dozen of black tentacles from under her cloak. Those tentacles can reach for around 30 meters, and easily constrict anybody of average or enhanced strength, with only very strong individuals able to easily break out. She has little control over her actions in this state.

Skills:

• Hand-to-hand combat: As shown on many occasions, Raven is a proficient martial artist, and can defend herself in case she has no time to use her powers.

• Multilingualism: Raven she is a skilled polyglot, capable of fluently speaking English, German, Latin, Romanian, Ancient Sumerian, and Sanskrit.

• Magical Lore: Raven possess' an affinity for mysticism, and has numerous items of an occult nature and an extensive library dedicated to sorcery. Raven had yet to immerse herself with more extensive and complex spell-casting for a greater variety of effects, though when tutored by Malchior, she was able to achieve feats previously not within her power. Raven’s magic appears to be incompatible with the reality-bending power of the enchanted finger of Larry, for she stated that a mixing of the two forces “could destroy the dimensional boundaries and nullify all existence.”

• Avid chess player: Her analytic and tactical abilities show through mastery of the ancient board game. She can beat most people in it, and is stressed when someone outmatches her.

Weaknesses:

• Emotions: Her powers rely on self-control and restrictions of emotion. Should she be made afraid or angry, it would incapacitate her powers completely or make her lose control, entering a state in which she would attack friend and foe without any restraint.

• Magic words: Many of her powers can be activated only through reciting incantation like "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" and the like. Should she be robbed of ability to speak, this would render her practically powerless, able to use only simplest of spells through sheer strength of will, like levitating and tossing objects, or using simple constructs as projectiles, but their strength is halved.

• Distractions: While Raven certainly is adept at keeping it cool and focused during most dire situations, hitting her during performing a spell would effectively disrupt it.

• Predictability: As proven by Dr. Light, you know something is coming at you as soon as she starts saying "Azarath...", which would give her opponents a few split seconds to react, or launch a counterattack.

• Close combat: Despite being a good fighter, she fights only with strength of a normal human. Anybody wearing armor, and/or having superior physical strength and endurance should overpower her.

• Human body: Poisons will poison her, fire will burn her, electricity - electrocute her, and punches will hurt her too.

• Demonic Blood: Raven is a very powerful half-demon. As such, she can’t hold or use anything that would be dangerous to demonkind. Magic seals, holy water, holy symbols, light-based magic, and similar demon-fighting weapons are all dangerous to her. Although she displayed an amazing amount of power in Light Magic in her final fight with Trigon, she has not been able to replicate or unlock that power again.

• Astral Projection: Her body is defenseless while using it.

Equipment:

- Personal communicator.

- Meditation mirror - the mirror that is used for meditation, and also is a gateway inside her mind. Touch it without care, and you may get sucked in, like Beastboy and Cyborg once.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:

Raven is, and always was, the most serious member of the Teen Titans. Being a super-hero is serious business, and must be treated as such, not a hobby to do in spare time. She believes that power must be used responsibly, and control over it must be exerted at all times - a philosophy she represented through constant meditation and self-discipline. Not allowing emotions to hinder her better judgment, Raven is ready to do what must be done, regardless of how she feels about it.

This is a quality she demands in others, and when people are showing doubt or weakness she would often straighten them up with a portion of harsh truth, which leaves little chance of compromise. However, that doesn't mean she cannot be gentle in her approach, and would often offer a sage advice that would allow a person choose the right path when standing on a crossroad. Whenever she uses the former or the latter depends on the person and situation.

Raven is good at teamwork when during battle, but outside of it, she tends to keep to herself, being self-reliant in all matters which are considering her and her only. Despite helping others dealing with their own emotions, she would rarely allow someone help her out with her own demons, and would never talk about it first herself. Even if she needs to.

The girl also has trouble fitting in groups due to her solitary status. It takes her time to warm up to people, and she feels much more comfortable in a tight-knitted group of people she knows and trusts, and can be outright hostile to strangers wishing to join. Though, this problem has since been improved on, there is still an air of coldness that surrounds Raven whenever speaking to someone outside of her comfort zone.

Friends are a very important part of her life. She doesn't have that many, and cares deeply about each, and would defend them ferociously with all the powers of her magic, and would sacrifice herself for them, if need be. If anything, she's the kind of person to say: "Follow without me, I will cover you." as been proven on occasions. Absence of even one of them could have severe impact on her mood.

Raven is kind of a bookworm-y kind of girl, who would rather spend her time drowning in a book, especially when it tells of powerful mages and wizards of old, rather than indulging in noisy, loud obnoxious, or outright repulsive ways of having fun. She doesn't say a word against people having it, unless they distract her personally, or someone is being obnoxious with making her join. She respects other peoples' wishes, and if you respect hers - you will get along.

Finally, Raven is no longer haunted by her past and her family matters, which managed to lighten up her attitude on things, as well as solving problems with 'fitting in'. However, it is a page of her past that cannot be closed so easily, and Raven is adamant about fighting all things evil, seeing in them shards of her father, who was the embodiment and essence of cosmic evil.

Strengths:

- Mature

- Wise

- Powerful

- Perceptive

- Intelligent

- Tactical

Interests:

- Depressing cafes

- Herbal tea

- Horror movies

- Meditating

- Reading

- Creepy places

- Chess

- All things magic

- Being with her friends (though not always obvious)

- Being alone

Habits:

- Throwing sarcastic remarks

- Coming to offer wise guidance when she believes somebody needs it

- Being generally cautious mistrustful to people she doesn't know

- Holding grudges

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: Trigon (Father) Arella (Mother)
Place of Origin: Azarath
Current City: Jump
History:

I am Raven.

Daughter to Arella of Azarath, and a demonic entity I will not soon forget. Ever since birth, I knew I was destined to bring death and destruction everywhere I go. So said the prophesy, so said people who wanted to destroy me to prevent it from happening. For good or ill, they did not succeed, but instead paid with their lives in their failure. I was too young back then to remember it now, but I understand why they tried to do what they did. I would probably do the same, in their place...

Fate has been kind to me, however. I was raised by monks of Azarath, and in a way, saved by them, just like they saved my mother in time of her greatest need. I still remember the name. Azar, spiritual leader of the temple. A kind, gentle soul, she took me under her wing, and taught me much of things I know, things that made me who I am. Her teachings were giving me hope that perhaps I was strong enough to resist my Fath... no. That thing is not my father.

I tried confronting Him. It first happened shortly after death of my teacher. I thought I was strong enough. And I was a fool to think that. But the demon did not destroy me. Instead, He was much more cruel. I was meant to be His portal, through which He would return, and exterminate all and everyone, big or small, young or old. I sensed his presence becoming ... stronger. It was then when I knew I had to leave Azarath ... forever. Find a new home, and hope that His influence would weaken... somehow.

It turned out to be the best decision in my life. I met people who became my friends. Good friends, who kept faith in me even in their world's darkest hour. It did not happen immediately, they were ... strange, their habits, flaws, visible to me. But they are good people, and they treated me as their friend despite me being cold and unfair towards them, at times. Though, most of the times they deserved it completely. I do not tolerate shenanigans on a daily basis. Or corny jokes, for that matter.

It was a chance to prove the prophesy and everybody wrong of my nature. We did good things, saving people and fighting numerous villains. In each, I saw a shard of Him, the darkness in their hearts. I was fighting Him, through fighting them. And they were different too. From someone merely driven by desire to be rich without working for it, to people that just want to see the world burn. There was ... is one that strikes chills down my spine.

Slade. He wasn't ... isn't even very powerful. Doesn't have super-strength, magical powers, no lasers, energy shields, other crap. No nothing. And yet strongest blows against us belong to him. Not to H.I.V.E,, the Brotherhood, not to anybody else, but to him. Motives, motives. I doubt he has any. He did not want to conquer the world, steal money, oh no. Whenever he did that was that just so he could lure US out. That man is poised to make us suffer. He made us fight each other, he managed to sneak a spy in our ranks, a spy that almost killed us all. He wanted to break us, and not just physically. And when he died, he couldn't just stay dead.

I worked hard to protect Jump city from threats on a daily basis for years. But heritage eventually caught up to me. It was something a self-imposed exile from Azarath did not manage to protect from. On my birthday, the threat we presumed dead returned. And things went to hell from there, literally. It was time when He was supposed to make return. And He sent a Herald to signify the incoming apocalypse. He chose Slade to be that Herald, bringing him back from the dead to fight us.

And we couldn't stop him. I had to surrender, for my friends, to keep them alive. They deserved it, none turned on me after the secret was revealed. They had to live, if this world were to have any hope. Before taken away by Slade and his demonic minions, I placed a bit of my power into each, to save them, and give Earth a chance... this was the least I could do.

At that moment, it all seemed to be over. Trigon, my ... ugh, 'father', set foot on Earth, turning people into stone, and leaving a charred ruin of once beautiful Jump City. I barely remember what happened in between, up to the point when Robin found me, alone, in catacombs of the demon's realm. He saved me, and made me remember. They all did. It was impossible. Despite all odds, they kept fighting against a being of unimaginable power. It was they, who gave me strength to rise up, and destroy that what was plaguing me and my existence since the beginning...

Now that I look back at it, I still can hardly believe that we did it. It seems like a ... very convenient happy ending. And yet, here I am, and the deed is done. There's no Trigon. The prophecy was proven wrong. I am alive, and so are my friends... But villains still exist ... somehow, despite the source of all evil vanquished. I am not going to rest, until these shards of evil are dealt with.

Permanently.

______

( Note: I thought this way of writing history would be better than just copying it from wiki. Hope you don't mind. )

Sample RP

Space.

Cold, dark, beautiful. They say that fire and water are only things one can look at forever. One more can be added. That endless dark void of nothingness that one could only see from orbit. And distant stars, which looked so tiny, thousands of light years away.You could look, and drown in it. And realize how little one can see from staring into sky from the surface of the planet. Realize, that you, your life, your problems, are nothing compared to Universe, to its tremendous size... But one must never forget, that a grain, an atom even, could be enough to make a difference.

Raven was standing at the large window for ... who knows how long already. The space station, that housed Justice League, offered a marvelous view. Of both the stars, and the planet below. It was a nice place for meditation - one of he corridors, where people rarely dwelt... Where even distant steps and sounds would echo and let themselves be heard. A good place to think...

How time changes things. Not too long ago, she and her friends were just a bunch of teenage heroes protecting their city from menace... Living in a tower on a small island in Jump, like a family, of sorts... Things seemed so simple. Now, things changed. Kids grew up, became stronger. And with power, came new responsibilities. And scales grew up too. Now, they were a part of a force that kept peace and quiet all over the world. Small tower, where they lived together in a close-knitted group was replaced with a huge station that housed hundreds, if not thousands of people.

They used to do everything together. And be in touch with each others' concerns, feelings, go on a picnic together... Now, with all the new missions and responsibilities, friends did not have as much opportunities to see each other, stay in touch. That fact made Raven feel a bit ... alone. Alienated. And not the normal kind of loneliness. Not the good kind. She put her hand against the window, feeling its coldness.

- Rekma... - Raven remembered the word. It was a tamaranian word describing "drifting apart", as Starfire explained one day. Back then, everybody vowed that no matter what happens, the Teen Titans would remain close friends. But if so ... where was the closeness now?

Somewhere out there was their Jump city. Been a while since Raven visited it... How was it doing now? There were new titans, new protectors... Was the Tower even the same? Such simple things, simple questions, and yet the girl wanted to know the answers, wanted to see. In her thoughts and reflections, however, Raven never noticed somebody approaching. Especially if that somebody was used to levitating instead of walking...

- Does something bother you, Raven? - the voice coming from behind her managed to break the stargazing that went on for hours, and made the girl turn around. It was the martian, John, or ... something like that. Raven called him 'Coordinator' instead, out of respect for the Tower-dweller, and the founder of Justice League. The alien was wise, and mindful, and somehow managed to observe each of the numerous heroes in the tower.

- Nothing, Coordinator. - Raven answered, though it was not true. She just stuck with her habit developed back at Jump, to keep others out of her concern box. And besides, it wasn't something the girl would not be able to deal with alone. Yes, there was a way.

- Are you completely certain of that?

- Yes. Though ... there's something I wished to ask. - her words stopped the martian, who was about to leave to attend to other tasks and people at hand. He turned his head, half-way, making it obvious he was listening.

- I ask for permission to visit Jump city for a while. See how things are going there... - it was a bit awkward for Raven to ask that. In her eyes, it was, basically, a vacation. When she should be doing her duty. Surprisingly, the martian only nodded, without even thinking about it much:

- The tower has heroes to spare, and things are relatively quiet lately. There would be no harm in letting you go. Should need for you arise... you will be contacted shortly.

- I understand. Thank you...

______

( Based on what I was told that most of Teen Titans are now in Justice League. )

Last edited by observer on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Claimed. I will review this character. Expect a reply soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

I admire your effort of reaching for a character as difficult to pull off well as Raven. I also appreciate all the time and thought you put into this application. It's a breath of fresh air these days.

Since Raven is both a canon character and incredibly powerful, we have to make sure that her powers are specific, true to the show, and fair for the site all at the same time. These notes may look intimidating, but don't worry, you're well on your way to having this character approved. Please edit your application to answer my questions and add in my comments. If you disagree with some things or have any questions, let me know and we will work this character out together. As a mod, I'm here to help you get this character approved.

Ok, let's begin.

Soul Self- How fast can her soul-self (or astral form) travel? In the show, her astral form is only a duplicate of her own body or a large raven, so she can’t change its shape and size at will. I will address increasing her size and making her face scary under half-demon form. She cannot use her soul self to make mental attacks or mentally force people into submission.

Telekinesis- Her limit of telekinesis must be known. I would suggest 100 tons as a maximum.

Constructs- How fast and powerful are these attacks? What can the blades cut through? How powerful are the claws that hold people in place? How strong are the small, medium, and large dome shields that she can make, respectively?

Dimensional Travel- She can’t teleport. What she can do is phase through the ground while enveloped in her astral form, which is carrying her physical body inside of it along with anyone who wants a ride. As for dimensional travel, her soul self can’t do that. She has to make portals to travel to other worlds. Can she travel to any dimension that she wishes, and how long does it take to open a portal to another dimension.

Empathy- This gives her the power to read emotions. That is it. She cannot absorb pain from others to help them heal quickly. However, she can remove the feeling of pain, making the hurt person feel better. She cannot heal with a healing trance. She cannot get precognition flashes in any manner. However, she can communicate mentally with people with telepathy, another power that she has. This is a distinct difference because some characters have powers related specifically to Empathy and others to Telepathy. She cannot track people with empathy, but if she makes a telepathic bond with someone, like she did with Robin, she could possibly locate that person with an effort.

Half-Demon Form- How tall does she get when changing her body in this way? Does she get stronger? How many black tentacles does she get, how far can they reach, and how strong are they? At the beginning of the show, she had difficulty controlling this, but she seemed more in-control later on.

Magic Items- She can’t use any that aren’t listed in the profile. The reason is simple: magic items are dangerous and require lots of time to learn how to use. If you want her to learn how to use a new item, you should request that a mod to approve the new item before you use it.

Magic Words- What powers can she not use without saying it? She became more proficient at using powers without saying these words, but there are still some she needs them for. For the powers that she can use without saying these words (other than levitation), they should not be as powerful as when she does say them. Point out the difference in power for words versus no words.

Meditation Mirror- Just so there is no misunderstanding, explain what the mirror is used for.
The Book- When she used the book to seal Malchior, it was possible because that book was specifically crafted by a wizard to hold that specific monster. She cannot use it to seal away other demons.

Demonic Blood- Going along with the book, Raven is a very powerful half-demon. As such, she can’t hold or use anything that would be dangerous to demonkind. Magic seals, holy water, holy symbols, light-based magic, and similar demon-fighting weapons are all dangerous to her. Although she displayed an amazing amount of power in Light Magic in her final fight with Trigon, she has not been able to replicate or unlock that power again.

Another weakness worthy of note: Her body cannot move and is defenseless when she is using astral projection.

Once you've made these changes by editing your original post, let me know and I will review this character again.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm

edits made
Back to top Go down

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Just a few more minor details until this gets approved.

Post telepathy as its own power. “This also enables her to sense the mental state of others, as she stated that she would know if someone's mind had been tampered with.” This description should be under Telepathy, not under Empathy.

Phasing would technically be a part of her Soul-Self Power, also known as her astral projection. Her astral form, and anyone inside it, can phase through physical objects.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:58 am

Fixed!
Back to top Go down

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:55 am

Raven [DONE] Kamina84
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raven [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven [DONE]   Raven [DONE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raven [DONE]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Inactive Characters :: Graveyard-
Jump to: