Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Vote_lcapBeau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Voting_barBeau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Vote_rcap 
Moon
Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Vote_lcapBeau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Voting_barBeau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Empty
PostSubject: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 am

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Beau Mitchells
Nickname(s): None
Codename: Synaesthesia
Alias(es): Beau
Classification: Metahuman
Affiliation: Villain

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 6”0
Weight: 170 lbs.
Other Traits: When using his powers, his eyes tend to flash a multitude of colours.

===POWERS===

Powers:
• Able to induce flashes of colour
• Able to induce snippets of sound

Beau’s powers, while still developing, are what can constitute as somewhat off-the-wall; ‘Synaesthesia’ is a condition in which people suffering from the condition may have an involuntary response to sound or colour. While some may have pleasant responses, there can be painful responses, too.

Colour: Beau’s powers are colour and sound oriented, but on a painful level. He can induce flashes of colour, weak enough just to temporarily blind - though it may leave behind some pain or discomfort in the eyes or head - and on a few occasions powerful enough to break windows. These flashes can be physical or mental, but more often physical. Beau has to be in pique condition and able to concentrate hard on the mental flashes of colour, though he has found these to be much more effective than the physical.

Sound: He has also recently discovered that he can create sounds, generally high pitched, and cause pain with these. These do not issue from his mouth, but rather mentally, he believes, sort of like sonar or echolocation, except damaging to the people he is targeting.

With this in mind, he can combine the two to generally induce pain in some shape, form, or matter, hence why he took the name (which, however feminine he thinks it sounds, seems quite apt). People who suffer from Synaesthesia tend to link the sound or colour to something else, such as letters or musical notes, and occasionally when using his powers, Beau has been able to distract an opponent using this idea; for example, they may see the colour ‘red’ and be distracted by something red that is important to them. While his powers do not act exactly like Synaesthesia, they share some common boundaries.

A general strike, when fighting, could vary from a distracting flash of colour if he’s aiming to run away, or pain caused mentally (like a mental punch). While he may not have even touched the person in question, the way his powers affect different people vary – normal people are more easily affected than metahumans, so he has to exert more power when fighting metahumans, tiring him out quicker. This transfers into his powers concerning sound as well, seeing as these are harder for him to control and even use. He can’t always guarantee the strength of the outcome, however, even if he has been using his powers for a long length of time, so the outcome can vary.

Skills:
• He is incredibly good at talking his way out of things.
• He’s good at blending in with a crowd.
• He’s perceptive; while he might not know everything about someone within the first five minutes he’s known them, he can tend to tell when something’s not right, or when something is off about an opponent. And that can add to his advantage.

Weaknesses:
• Beau has found that if he cannot see, such as being blindfolded, he cannot use the powers concerning colours.
• And similarly, he cannot use his powers concerning sound if he too is deafened in some way; he found this out when listening to music through large headphones which blocked outside noise. If he cannot hear himself speaking, he cannot use this side of his powers.
• He is not trained in any form of martial arts or fighting; while he’s been in a brawl or two, he is not strong enough to defeat someone with professional training.
• If he is tired, or hungry, this affects the power of the flashes of colour and the severity of the sounds.

Equipment: None.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:
• Charismatic – This has been mentioned before. This is both a skill and the way he is; from a young age he was always outgoing and able to talk his way into things. His parents used to joke that he should be a politician, and that he could sell an igloo to an Eskimo.
• Relatively friendly – Just because he’s the bad guy doesn’t mean he goes around arguing with everyone on the street. In all honesty, people may never figure out he was a bad guy, or a metahuman. He’s one of the metahumans who looks and dresses like a completely ordinary human.
• Self confident /borderline Arrogant – He’s incredibly comfortable with both himself (apart from where he stands in the whole ‘good and evil’ thing) and his powers, and this make it so he never really feels the need to back down for a fight, or feel the need to overcompensate. Sometimes this makes him borderline arrogant, but in all honestly it’s just his confidence.
• Inner Conflict – He’s not necessarily bred for the life of a villain. This can make him hesitate in his actions, but he figures if his powers affect people like they do, why should he be the good guy?

Strengths:
• Having used his powers for a good three years, Beau has become incredibly familiar with them, and he sees this as a skill – even the most powerful metahuman is weak if they cannot control their powers.
• He’s beginning to start experimenting with combining light and sound, which creates a great deal of confusion and, on most occasions, pain. He’s not sure if this counts as ‘skill’ or just ‘psychopathic tendencies’, but it’s inventive...right?
• He’s charismatic. This can be demonstrated in the multitude of times that he has talked himself out of trouble or talked himself in to something incredibly exclusive.

Interests/Habits:
• Ever since he was young, he wanted to be a doctor – of course, that has changed, but he still likes reading about afflictions, conditions, and all the in between. He’s currently reading a large book about the heart, for example.
• Interested in all things related to doctors.
• He is also interested in art.
• Music, too.
• He also tends to check out newspapers frequently; he likes to keep up to date with what all the metahumans are up to out there.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members:Father, David Mitchells. Mother, Lana Mitchells. Older sister, Pamela Mitchells. Beau is currently estranged from his family; while they have no problem with him being a metahuman, they do have a problem with him being the bad guy.
Place of Origin: Steel City
Current City: Steel City, but makes frequent trips to Jump City.
History:

Beau’s childhood is not as tragic as most. He led a normal childhood, growing up in the slightly more affluent area of Steel City in the Mitchells’ household. He was obtaining good grades in school, had a good group of friends, and when he hit high school, he even had a few girlfriends.

But he knew he was a metahuman.

He figured that out when he was about twelve; it was just random bursts of colour, then, and he didn’t know how to control it, what was happening or what to do about it. It was when he turned fourteen that he started doing some research, and realising exactly what this meant.

He taught himself how to use his powers, for the most part. And for awhile, he considered the idea of becoming a superhero, one day. Then he realised that that was a vastly overpopulated market. He could pretend he didn’t have powers at all, and just live a normal life, but he knew that couldn’t happen, plus he’d read some nasty stories about people injuring others by trying to hide their powers.

Then he toyed with the idea of being the bad guy, at age sixteen. And he had to admit, he liked it. Not taking over the world kind of bad – no, he wasn’t powerful enough for that. But stealing, and having a secret hide out, and henchmen, and just using his powers to their full extent...he liked that idea. Besides, his powers caused pain, and he was pretty sure that didn’t really fit into the superhero market.

That was when he left his family.

So far, he hasn’t been caught, but he’s still questioning his choice in life. He knows that one day, his escapades will escalate until someone gets hurt, and he doesn’t necessarily want to hurt anyone. But he likes this kind of life. He’s not entirely sure what to do.

Sample RP:

It was happening again, that thing that Beau couldn’t always justify. Stealing and causing pain. Because that was what he did. This was his life now, no longer high school and girls and tests and essays and baseball – no. It was breaking and entering, causing pain, hurting people and all things illegal.

But he was used to it now.

He’d hidden his face. As he stood outside this store, whatever it was, maybe a convenience store, he knew what was going to happen. The doors slid open with a chime, and he entered one of those ‘open late’ convenience stores – a risky business in Steel City. It seemed like the cashier was trying to doze on the job, but fixed Beau with one of those fake smiles. But that soon faded when he realised what – exactly – was going to happen.

“We have CCTV,” the guy rasped, and Beau shook his head, taking a deep breath before exhaling slowly. This was the calm before the storm, and for a moment, it looked as if nothing was going to happen.

Then he slammed his hands forwards, his eyes a kaleidoscope of colours as a bright white flash of colour entered the store. The windows blew out, and the cashier could see nothing, but Beau heard him shouting that he couldn’t see, that he was blinded. But then that high pitched whistle Beau could generate accompanied the colour, and the guy was of no problem to Beau any more.

The room was still awash in bright light, so much that Beau was sure that the cameras couldn’t even see him. But he could see perfectly; by some stroke of luck his powers never affected him. He jogged to the cash register, hopping the counter until he was standing near the cashier, whimpering on the floor. And just like that, Beau took the cash and ran.

It was what he did now. This was his life now, this was what he had chosen.

Last edited by Jinx on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Alright I'll grab this one for ya Jinx.

First off, if you are saying that posts from Static or Jinx could be used here, the RP section isn't so much to prove that you can RP at all. I like to think of it as an example of how you will RP with this exact character. The app is all good, but everyone gets a good grasp of what your character is like from the actual Sample RP. It might even make you more comfortable with him!

Okay! So, just finish that part, and I'll give him a closer look!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

Alright, I added that to the app.

I got a bit confused because on the template it's not completely clear whether or not you need one, so yeah. Anyway, hope that's better!
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 pm

So, first off, I have a friend that has this condition! The way it works for her is, when she reads letters, or hears notes in a song, her mind assigns a different to each letter and a different color to each note, so, sometimes when she hears a song, she see a bunch of tie-died colors in the air! Pretty cool right!? I'm excited to see your interpretation! Anyways...I'm going to split this up section by section...

Powers:

So...I'm thinking your word of the day was incite? Incite is a word used most often in arguments. To incite would be to encourage something in a violent way...I think you might want to replace incite with a different word like induce perhaps?

Anyways, that's not too big of a deal since your idea is coming across fine. I would like more defined limits on your powers. So far, it sounds like, his synaesthesia can vary from slight pokes to deafening blows. What is the average strike? How well can he control the variants? How often are the strikes to the point of deafening? Is this deafening to normal people, or do metahumans have an extra sort of resistance? Y'know...some more stuff like that.

Personality:

So...in the personality section, he seems to be a completely regular guy...nice enough and everything! Why is he a villain? I feel like there should be something about his personality that makes him walk on the darkside of the sidewalk...

History:

Oh...hm...so he just is a villain because he doesn't think he should be a hero...hm...interesting inner character conflict. Could be executed nicely Smile

Alright, one last thing you could consider...are there any friends or allies he has today or in his past? Anyone worth mentioning that he might call "friend" or "foe"?

Okay! Nice app so far! I'll look it over again once you've made some edits!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Okay, sorry for the late reply!

Edited Smile I found the condition fascinating and I know that it affects different people in different ways, though it's hard to get a firm grasp on it from internet research. Thought it would be a sort of different power for a meta, even if he has to slowly let his powers evolve until he's able to control the fact that the power could make people see colours and such.

I was definitely looking for the word induce. I could not, for the life of me, think it. Thank you for pointing that out, lol!
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 pm

No problem haha

Alright, everything looks pretty shape except two things (and one word that I fixed...pique...not peak...) that bothered me.

I would recommend adding some sort of reference picture! Even if you can't find the 'perfect' one, you should do your best! I love being able to see what someone else sees in their character when I roleplay.

Lastly, although he may not know how he got his powers, he got them somehow. It is probably the hardest question to come up with, but, every good hero has a way. Please add that to your history and consider yourself accepted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia   Beau Mitchells / Synaesthesia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Inactive Characters :: Graveyard-
Jump to: