Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
A Death in the Family Vote_lcapA Death in the Family Voting_barA Death in the Family Vote_rcap 
Moon
A Death in the Family Vote_lcapA Death in the Family Voting_barA Death in the Family Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

A Death in the Family

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy
Villain or good guy?: Good

A Death in the Family Empty
PostSubject: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Open To: JaK
Characters Appearing: Jak. Nightmare. Ironhide. Velocity. Platoon
Summary: Jak Sage gets pushed to his limits and beyond

The rain poured down over Steel City, the black sky occasionally lit by flashes of lightning followed by the rumbling of thunder. This kind of weather was nothing new for Steel City. It was fitting for such a dark place. At Impel Down prison one of the guards was going through the mail. “Junk, junk, junk, junk, ju- wait a letter for a prisoner? Don’t get many of these.” The guard would then get up and take the letter to the person who it was addressed to. Arriving at a clear plastic cell the guard get his baton out and hit the door to get the prisoners attention. “Yo metal head, you got a letter.” The guard would then place the letter into the slot where they would usually place food, they never expected this guy to get a letter so they didn’t bother building a hole for it. The prisoner who it was addressed to was Ironhide. He usually spent his days in the prison just sitting in his cell, doing nothing, hardly even moving. This was one of the rare occasions anyone actually saw him move as he went over to pick the letter up. Tearing the envelope open he would read what was inside
Quote :
I’ve heard a lot about you and your “talents” and I could use someone like you to come and work for me for a short while. Trust me, the pay is excellent. If you would like to follow up this proposition just come to Warehouse 13A in the Docks of Jump City.
Ironhide ripped the letter up into tiny pieces, he didn’t even have to think about the answer. He would then turn back to the guard who brought him the letter. “Ya know...” Ironhide would place his hand on the plastic door of his cell, slowly moving his hand around and following it with his eyes. “...the only reason I am still here is not because of your pathetic plastic cell. The reason I am still here is simply that I had nothing better to do and now thanks to that letter you brought me I do. So please feel free to feel guilty about everything that is about to happen because if you, like most other guards would have, ripped that letter up or just not give it to me then I would still be sat down trying to think of what I want to do when I break out of here, but now I have something to do so I must thank you.” The guard would then raise an eyebrow, what the hell was this psychopath talking about? He didn’t have to wait long for his answer as Ironhide had taken his hand off the plastic door and pulled it back, cocking a fist before punching the door as hard as he could, easily sending it flying off its hinges and flying towards the wall in front of the cell and unfortunately for him, the guard was standing between the door and the wall as Ironhide hit it so he was now crushed between the two, not that Ironhide really cared. As he started to walk through the prison he heard the alarm go off, something which he was expecting, although something else he was expecting was a few guards to show up and try and stop him, he was quite disappointed when no one turned up. He would find himself at the front doors of the prison without encountering a single guard, did they all have a day off or something? He tried the front doors but they were locked, as if that was going to be a problem, he placed his hand on the lock and absorbed the metal that was stopping him from getting out. As he kicked the front doors wide open he was so happy with what he saw, a full line of S.W.A.T officers all with their guns pointed straight at him, he even got a helicopter in which he saw someone pointing a rocket launcher at him. He would look at them all, wondering why they weren’t doing anything. “You just gonna stand there all day or are you pansies actually going to grow a pair and shoot me?” All the S.W.A.T officers looked at the commander and he gave the order to open fire. Ironhide got his wish as every officer there opened up and emptied their mags at him, but Ironhide wasn’t even trying to defend, he was just standing there letting himself get shot but there was none of the usual sparks you get when metal hits metal at such a force. What the officers didn’t know was that Ironhide was actually absorbing every bullet they had and was waiting until they had finished before returning fire.

Once they had all emptied their magazines they looked at each, not knowing what to do now, they used everything they had and there wasn’t even a scratch on this dude, how were they going to beat him? Simple answer, they weren’t. Ironhide would then point both arms out towards the officers before making guns with his hand like a child would, except unlike when a child does it, these guns could actually kill. He would then make the noise of guns firing with his mouth and he actually fired the bullets out of the tips of his fingers back at the officers who had tried to shoot him. The pure force he shot them out with was enough to tear through their bullet proof armour. Every officer who was there shooting him was now lying on the floor dead, which is when Ironhide turned his attention back to the officer in the helicopter with the rocket launcher. As he looked up he saw that the officer was about to pull the trigger but before he could Ironhide pointed his hand up and fired the last bullet he had left at the officer, shooting him straight through his head which caused his body to be thrown back in the helicopter but his finger pressed the trigger on the rocket launcher firing it inside the helicopter, blowing it into a million pieces and killing everyone inside it. Before heading off towards Jump City Ironhide would take a quick snack on all the guns of the now dead officers.

After making the journey to Jump City Ironhide made his way to Warehouse 13A, he wanted to get whatever done over with and get paid. As he entered the warehouse he saw a man in a black robe sat in a chair, with a person either side of him. On one side was a girl with orange hair wearing a green and yellow outfit, she was the girl known as Velocity. On the other side was a crazy looking war vet known as Platoon. Ironhide approached the man who then stood up and took his hood down, revealing his face which had no skin or hair at all, it was just flesh. The look of this man surprised all three other people that were there. “Now I sent each of you a letter saying exactly the same thing. I have work for you all. I have sent one other letter saying something different to a Titan and he should be arriving shortly, when he gets here we shall have a little tournament. Whichever one of you manages to take him out will get paid handsomely. The ones who don’t will have another shot with a different Titan but for now I just have this one in mind.”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 am

"My name is JaK Sage, I'm a Teen Titan, Meta-human, Orphan and most importantly....I'm Dead...Today is the day I die. It started like any other, except I had received a letter in the mail stating that an old friend of mine had been captured. Also, if I didn't come the address stated on the letter, alone...They would kill him before I ever arrived. It was directed to me specifically and usually I would've been more careful, usually, I would've let someone know what was going on anyway or tried to have a back-up plan, but the person they said they had kidnapped was my former leader; Lance Moore AKA Stone...Plus, there was something about the writing; the tone of the message, it spoke to me as if the author of it, knew me. As if he knew the exact button to push to get me to do what he wanted...Reflecting on it now, I probably wouldn't have done a damn thing different..."

EARLIER....

The sound of an engine lowly humming could be heard steadily approaching towards the docks off in the distance. JaK Sage; famed hero and former leader of the Titan's East was approaching a warehouse located at Jump City's docking station via his hoverbike at speeds of 280 mph. He had a lot of things juggling through his mind on the way there and was combat equipped to go to war. Mentally and physically; he was more acute and physically fit than he had ever been, he had the wrist shooters his teammate Scope had made him, traditional attire on, and a bad attitude as classic as his look.

"Here you are..."

As he pulled up to the warehouse, JaK parked his speedbike out front and pulled up his trademark sunglasses onto his forehead. Although, it was pretty dim outside and he probably didn't need them anyway. After doing so, he looked about before finally approaching warehouse 13A. Once inside he cautiously stepped forward and looked about, and at this time it really wasn't fear that was gripping him as he kept his guard up, although most would see it that way. It was more a heightened sense of things; his own sixth sense that consisted of him relying on all his senses. His sense of touch for the vibrations all around him, hearing for the sound of a gun loading, smell in case gasoline was nearby, taste to detect if there were any toxins in the air he was unaware of, and sight. Even thought it was dark, he kept his eyes shifting so that his peripheral vision could possibly catch any movement, which it did and with that he stopped dead where he was and directed a nice strong question into the darkness.

"Ok, you've got me here. Now where is my teammate...Where is Stone!?"
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 am

As Jak shouted the question out the lights came up, at first they were almost blinding but that was just due to the sudden change from darkness to light. Now that it was light Jak could see that he was in a pit of sorts, somewhere that looked as if it would be perfect for an underground fight league. There was dried blood on the floor and walls so there was obviously some kind of beatings here before. As everyone's vision came back the man in the black robes stepped forward, before talking to the Titan he would pull his hood down, revealing his skinless face. "Ah JaK Sage. What the hell took you so long? Ah who cares, you're here now and that's all the matters. Give me a second, I'm just trying to remember what bs I wrote on that letter I sent you." The tone of sarcasm was obvious in his voice on the last sentence, he knew exactly what he wrote because he knew what would draw the Titan in, he knew that he actually cared about people. Too bad that it was going to be that caring that leads to his death.

The man then slapped his head, almost like something had hit him. "Ohhhhh that's right, I remember now. I said I had Stone didn't I. Well seeing as you did come all this way then it's only fair that you get it back." The man would then reach inside his pockets, pulling out a hand full of stones that were all different sizes, colours and textures before throwing them down on the ground in front of Jak. "Seeing as you came all this way I couldn't just let you have one stone could I so take your pick." An almost evil like smirk appeared on the mans fleshy mouth, maybe now would be the time of realization for Jak, maybe now he would understand that he had been tricked into coming here. "Although seeing as you are here, how would you like to star in the first ever Teen Titans Tournament? Remember if you say no then we'll just go and grab one of your little friends to compete."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 pm

The light's turned on and JaK shielded his eyes with a forearm and took a look around...It looked like underground cage fights were held here? What the hell was this guy playing at? JaK knew it was most definitely a trap, but honestly, this guy hadn't even stated what he wanted yet.

"Stone, where is he?!"

JaK made a gesture while raising a fist as he said this, but then the man showed his face and JaK winced for a second while he threw down some actual stones and laughed hysterically. Ok, so either had Stone and way toying with JaK to make him angry and do something stupid, or he didn't and was just screwing with JaK to...

"Do you think this is a game or something!?! My teammate's life could be on the line here and you're wasting my time. Now do you have Stone or not! If not were finished here, since at the moment I don't have a reason to come over there and make you any uglier."

JaK was then going to turn and leave, but was halted on the threat of this guy getting another one of his teammates to come and be in this little tournament. JaK should've left anyway and just forewarned the team and even maybe returned with back-up; gone on the look out for this guy. However, he had said something that caught Sage's attention.

"Tournament? We'll? Who else was in on this little coo to lure me here? I'd love to know who thinks I'm so important other than you. Don't get me wrong it's flattering, but I'll be a little disappointed if they all look kinda like this."

JaK was referring to if he had any women, preferably easy on the eyes. Also, he was still wondering what the point to forcing JaK into a tournament was. Did he know Sage, did he have a gripe to settle. JaK's curiosity was getting the better of him in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

"You need to think about it. If I had this 'Stone' of yours wouldn't I be making him fight in my tournament right now instead of you? I'll save you the trouble of thinking, yes I would be using him right now which must mean that I don't have him. JaK Sage, you were always first choice and not just by me. You were always first choice in their eyes as well but don't worry, because now you're my first choice which means you're going to meet them again real soon." The man was sure JaK had no idea who he was talking about, which is good because he wouldn't want to give away the surprise just yet, he wanted to have a little more fun. Although what he classes as fun most would call torture.

As JaK would stand there he was wondering who else was on the man's side in this tournament, it seems like it's time for it to get under way. As the man stepped out of the way a woman with orange hair and a green and yellow costume stepped forward. The man in the robe then grabbed a microphone and played announcer. "Introducing the challenger, he is a Teen Titan. Originally coming from Gotham City. He stands at 5'10, weighs in at roughly 163lbs, unless he's packing holiday weight of course, he has some of the weirdest looking grey skin ever, ladies and gentlemen I give you, JaK Sage!" The man said ladies and gentlemen as if they were in an arena but it was just the five of them there. "And his opponent, standing at 5'8. Weighing in at, and I quote, "you ask me that again and I'll hit you so fast you won't know what hit you". She has orange hair which means she's a ginger, I present to you. Velocity!" The time for talking was over for Jak, now he had to fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Velocity; the self proclaimed Quickest Girl in the World, repeat offender in Jump City, and an Arch-nemesis of the Titans Central. Although, she kind of annoyed everybody in general. JaK had read her file...Never understood why Ben, Shadow, Toji, and the others had such an issue with her.

"Well, I can't say I'm not too upset to see you did have a female influence after all, but girls who run their mouths a mile a minute aren't exactly my fortei."

"You're one to talk paleboy. Ya know, I thought this was gonna be boring, but then when I found out I was going to get the chance to take out a Titan..Well...I was almost beside myself with giddyness. I mean don't get me wrong, I HATE, you goody goody boys with a passion, but you pull off the whole bad boy with a conscience thing so well... Almost makes me sad I'm going to have to do you in.....Oh well."

That being said, JaK would've sent a clear retort her way, but he didn't have time. The match had already begun, no more words, no more stalling. Velocity was not one to let time fly by because for her, of course, it crawled and this had taken long enough with the ridiculous introductions. At a blinding pace she ran for JaK into the pit, but it wasn't too fast that Sage couldn't block her, or was that what she wanted him to think? As she neared JaK and threw a punch he instantly raised his palm in defense and then found it moving in slow motion. She was speed jacking him via sucking up the reaction time from his reflexes. Dammit. How could've JaK been so naive and stupid, Velocity wasn't dangerous because of her speed, but because of her ability to take it away from others and add to herself. JaK's ninja like reflexes now belonged to Veloctiy, which she instantly used to to barrage him with quick punches that battered up the hero good before dropping him to the ground. JaK spit out a bit of blood as he laid there with his face looking like it had just been in a bar fight; she had hit him 12 times in under 2 seconds.

"Oh come on hero, you're JaK Sage, the bad boy lone wolf of the Teen Titans. Yet here you are, getting your ass handed to you by me. I mean, I don't blame you, I am pretty awesome, but you could at least make this enjoyable for me. Ya know, scream a little, maybe a whimper a few tears?! Anything I can add to my dead hero scrap book? Heck, even the winged girl made more of an effort before I killed her."

Velocity stood over JaK with her hands on her hips as she spoke, and then when she got bored with that a second later she began to pace, getting rather annoyed by how long it was taking him to recover or at least respond. However, JaK didn't need to be quick to beat this girl, for he knew her weakness; her speed jacking was not only her greatest strength, but also her imminent downfall. Soon she would slow down and that's when he would take her down. JaK didn't need to be faster than Velocity...Just smarter.

"Sorry, I'm not keeping you busy enough, maybe these will be a bit more your speed?"

JaK then pointed both his wrist shooters at the woman and set them to lock on before firing multiple bursts of proton fire. However, to Velocity he might as well been tossing burlap sacks. She easily avoided every shot by running about and even showing off a bit as she did so, before dashing back towards Sage. Except, he had been planning on this and shot one last double burst at the ground in front of her causing the girl to trip into JaK instead when debris flew up. JaK then landed a strong back kick on the woman as she fell towards him right in the side of cheek bone. The blow was enough to send Veloctiy spiraling across the floor, but she immediately recovered and rubbed her jaw afterwards.

"Cute. But, now you learn why you should never hit a real lady of my caliber!"

As she spoke Velocity poked both arms straight out and rotated them counter-clockwise, causing a gust of wind to blow towards Sage that sent him flying backwards into the side of the pit, where he slammed hard against it and then dropped to all fours. However, even though you could tell that hurt he was...laughing, laughing hard at Velocity...

"What in the hell is so funny gray-boy!?"

"Hahahahaaa, oh nothing, just the thought of you as a lady. Pleasssse, I've gone out with Russian women with mechanical arms and vocabulary that would make a pirate king proud that have more class than you."

A nerve was struck in Velocity's mind; her only other real weakness was jealousy towards other women. Upon the mention of JaK bringing up such a grotesque girl that he considered better than her, she began to visually fume from the top of her fire red hair and dashed in his direction.

"That's gonna cost you your LIFE, Wonder Boy!"

However, JaK had anticipated this response and the moment after saying those words he jumped to the side, assuming she was gonna dash at him. He leaped way before she had even moved and thus caused her to miss her charge and instead come crashing into the wall he had just slammed into himself. Afterwards, while she laid pressed against the edge of the pit, JaK grabbed the speedstress from behind and wrapped one arm behind her back before back supelxing her onto her neck and pinning her down. Although, right after doing so suddenly he felt his hands and body heating up and had to jump off of her. She had begun vibrating her molecules to heat her up to extremely hot temperatures, and as Velocity got back to her feet, JaK just stood by and let her beat the ever living hell out of him with her fists. It's okay, he could take it for now, he only needed a moment or so more. Once finished he again fell to the floor and Velocity ran circles around him before quickly exiting the pit and then coming abck with something to impale him with.

"Well that was fun, but now that you've officially ticked me off, I think it's time we send you on a nice bonvoyage. You should feel happy, I could've ended this quickly, but wanted to take my time because you're kind of a cutie."

JaK laid nearly inaudible, so much pain at the moment. She hadn't even broke anything, but it felt like his entire body had been hit mutliple times on every single spot, which inculded the crotch reigion as well...The b*tch.

"Any last words, hun? Mayyyybe wanna take back what you said?"

"*cough cough* Ya, one request...Please stop yapping a mile a minute, it's making it hard for me to take you seriously at all."

JaK then sat up and pointed one single wrist shooter at her while coughing up blood, she might've punctured one of his lungs, he wasn't sure yet.

"Wow, really that again, you could at least try something new before you died buddy."

That being said, Velocity dashed forward and as she did JaK unleashed another barrage of lasers at her and knew she would waste her speed dodging in between the blasts. Finally, he fired one final shot into the ground again, but this time rather than tripping Velocity jumped over it and flew at him. Although, JaK just smiled at this, while his entire palm coated itself in the material from his wrist shooter. For while zipping through the air, suddenly, Velocity began to slow down. The item she had grabbed to impale Sage with slowed with her too allowing JaK to move sideways out of the way of the object and then bring his metallic fist towards her. Veloctiy usually could've avoided or maybe even blocked the blow, but currently with her speed lessened and being in the air she was a sitting duck for the haymaker upper cut from JaK Sage. The blow rattled the girl's mind and sent her soaring back up into the air on impact, then flat on her back like a distressed damsel; she laid on the floor completely knocked out. JaK then stood fully up and looked at her while breathing deeply...

"Good thing I don't consider you a lady, or I might've felt bad about that."
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:15 pm

As the man looked down at the knocked out speedster he applauded Jak, under his sleeves his skin was slowly starting to grow back coming down his wrists as he claps. "Not bad Jak but do you really think I expected her to defeat you? No, I know you know that because what would be the fun in seeing you beaten so quickly. That was simply a warm up, there's still another two fighters ready to take you down and collect the prize I have set on your head." The man would then flick a switch and a single light turned on, revealing underneath it Platoon. He was here ready to fight Jak. After a small gesture from the hooded man Platoon made his way into the fighting pit. "Now the real test starts Jak. If you manage to beat this fighter then maybe I'll let you know why I'm doing this." The man would then turn around and make his way back into a seat ready to watch the action, right now he just wanted to see a blood bath and didn't care who's blood it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

So just who was this second challenger exactly? The mystery man had failed to introduce him this time, but the answer soon came when Jak noticed something with his keen senses. Turning quickly right afterwards he deflected a bullet with his wrist shooter from the other side of the room and then returned fire with his other gauntlet. The proton laser blast flew across the room and hit the sniper from it's vantage point, knocking down a man dressed in what appeared to be military uniform.

"Well that wasn't very difficu----AaaaaahhhhH!!"

JaK screamed in agony, suddenly as a knife was dug into his shoulder after being put in a headlock. The boy struggled as the man rotated the knife in his shoulder and choked him. However, soon after JaK leaned his head forward then threw it back hard, headbutting the man and then hip tossed him over his shoulder revealing him to be...the exact same army guy. The only difference was on his face the war paint had been done differently.

"The hell is going on here...Urgh.."

That's when JaK realized upon the other version of him fading away that this guy could clone himself...Great.

"Stay sharp boys...The insurgent is persistent, versatile, and trained in multiple forms of combat."

As Platoon spoke into his radio suddenly a bunch of other men saying copy, roger that, and other army jargon dropped down all around JaK from the top of the warehouse like black ops. Sage was still favoring his shoulder and finally dug out the knife as so the wound could begin to heal finally with the rest of his injuries. Blood trickled down from JaK Sage's gimp arm as he looked about and realized he was in a bad spot.

"Psychotic marine huh? My-oh-my, you do have some good taste in super villains guy."

With that in mind, all of the clones pulled out nine millimeter pistols and proceeded to open fire on Sage, but JaK jumped out of the way of their shots just in time with his ninja like reflexes. His movements were quick and precise as he moved through the clones, punching, kicking, and battering them. He used some as meat shields to block the bullets, others he simply knocked unconscious, and he even threw that same combat knife into one's neck after absorbing it for it's metal properties. It was at that point bullets began to bounce off of him like beads and ricocheted back into the many Platoon clones. One by one they fell until eventually they gave up shooting at JaK and went for strength in numbers. More and more Platoon clones filled in the arena and JaK beat and smashed them all.

Now although Platoon was indeed human, the combined strength of four or more human hits at once did cause JaK some serious pain. Even with his plated armor covering, but he kept fighting until eventually they all dog pilled on top of him and began to stab at the Titan with their hunting knives, hoping to eventually scrape away his armor and reach the flesh underneath. It was like a mass tilde wave of blunt for hits on Sage's body. JaK tried to struggle, but there was just too many...Or were there? No...this isn't it...Dammit JaK! You've got more fight in you than this!? You've come to far, TOO FAR, to let it end here! Get up, you son of a $%@#, get up and fight!! You can't give up until Nightmare is dead and buried...

"RRRAAAAARRRRAAAHHHH!!! GET OFF MEEEE!"

Suddenly the entire mob of clones flew off of Sage as two giant fists shot up threw them, throwing the clones form side to side. Afterwards JaK began crushing each one of with his giant appendages, but couldn't seem to take them out entirely. Platoon just kept cloning more and JaK couldn't do this forever, it was time to go for something desperate.

"Ok...Here we go."

That being said, JaK placed his wrist shooters together and shot two charged proton fire blasts at each other as another wave of Platoon soldier's came towards him. The blasts reenacted with one another forming a chain reaction explosion. Since JaK was at the center of the combining unstable energy outputs he was engulfed within the blast radius, just like the other soldiers, but when it was all said and done JaK was still there. On his knees breathing hard with his armor 3/4 of the way torn off and smoke emitting form his body, but alive nonetheless. Although, his wrist shooters were fried and tarnished. from the overload of energy Although additionally, all the clones were down and as they all disappeared the last remaining Platoon laid there completely and utterly knocked out. JaK then stood, which after taking pain like that required an immense amount of determination, and staggered towards the mystery man while kicking Platoon's body out of his way.

"*pant pant* What else...ya got...and now you gotta for fill your promise. *pant* Why--why me?"
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm

As he watched Jak fight the man would sit down in his chair, his hands were now fully healed and all that was left to heal was his neck and head, as soon as his neck was done then he knew that Jak would be able to figure out who he was but he knew that it wouldn't be finished until the end of the next match, if Jak even made it that far. "Well well well. Looks like you're getting tired Jak, please don't tell me that you're finished already, I've saved the best for last and if you're finished now then he won't get his chance to kill you which would make everyone here sad. So let me introduce to you your next opponent, coming all the way from Steel City just for this. I present to you "The Metal Madman" Ironhide. Also known as the man who's about to kick your ass." With the last sentence the curtain that was surrounding Ironhide dropped as he looked at his opponent. He knew that Jak was tired and knew that this fight was a sure thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:39 am

This wasn't part of the deal. This guy had promised JaK answers and instead of giving them he had just thrown JaK back into the fire pit!? Usually Sage would call it a game over and refuse to partake in this bastard's sick experiments any longer, but he was just so worn out now. Then when his opponent was revealed he didn't feel himself getting any more peppy.

"Wow...You again, huh? Last time I saw you, one of my teammates was kicking your ass...Oh wait never mind, I forgot, weren't you on the news too; getting your metal hide handed to you by Ben 10 as well?"

"Ya, ya, laugh it up runt because I'll tell ya right now. Your punk friends might've gotten lucky with me, but they won't get me a second time, as you're about to find out boy. I've been waiting a LONG time to kick your ass again and this time there's no plant girl to stop me from peeling that gray skin off yer pretty little baby face."

JaK then angrily stood and faced Ironhide, having retrieved a bit of his fighting spirit back upon the utterance of the numerous taunts from Ironhide's lips as he steadily approached the Titan. Sage was no longer in the mood for this, but for an arrogant prick like this guy, he could make an exception. He was wounded, bruised, battered, beaten, and most of all exhausted, but he was a 'Titan' above all else; meaning the call of duty extended above all that...And even higher than that, he needed to stay alive. Thus, Ironhide had to go DOWN!

"Well you gonna stand there and yap all day or are we doin this!?!"

"Music to my ears kid, but I think this tune's not gonna be so easy on yours."

Suddenly Ironhide opened his mouth and unleashed an ear piercing screech just as JaK had made his feral charge at the metal man. Iinstead of decking his opponent, JaK was thrown back in a mad whiplash as the soundwaves carried his weak body across the field of battle and he came to crashing stop. Afterwards Sage looked up in just enough time to see Ironhide leap into the air and drop down towards the boy with his fist raised high. Luckily, Sage rolled sideways just in time to miss being crushed as his fist cracked the flooring.Then JaK took the close quarters opportunity to quickly reach out to his palm and absorbed some of his Ironhide's own body physiology onto himself, turning him into a metal man as well. Immediately following JaK windmill spined himself back up to his feet and in the process, during mid rotation, he kicked Ironhide in the face sending him stumbling backwards.

"Slick kid, but you can't keep this u---"

Ironhide wiped the side of his mouth as he regained his footing after taking the quick stumble as a result getting hit by JaK's facny kick. However, before he could mange to get back into the fight or even complete his quip to Sage he was met with a flying knee to his face from JaK as he turned his head. The impact of the metallic limb meeting Irohide's face completely knocked the big man over, but as he fell back the velocity carrying JaK caused him to keep going and flip over his foe. Then in mid rotation Sage reached his hands back just as he flipped over Ironhide and grabbed him by the jaw as it snapped back from the flying knee and with his enhanced strength plus the force of inertia carrying his opponent, JaK was able to fling the metal madman over head and flat on his chest over a yard away from the Titan with a sickening thud. The ground below his hulking body complained under the pressure of Ironhide's weight. meanwhile, JaK momentarily dropped to all fours and panted heavily, but he knew that wouldn't be the end of it.

"*spits* Is that all you got brat? If that was the best you could do I'm mad I didn't go first or second, at least the other two got to have some fun."

As Ironhide spoke he stood back up ever so slowly and then faced JaK again, who was breathing heavily, but attacked Ironhide again anyway. This time with two giant fists that he had attempted to use as batttering rams as he charged into Ironhide, but the felon just blocked each giant limb and brought Sage to a halt after only slidding backwards a few inches. A power struggle then began between the two, but Ironhide was fresh and had the underhand in strength department. He effectively forced JaK to buckle to his knees as he bent the hero's wrists back and then flung one leg backwards as far as he could, before shooting it forward into Sage's abdomen, causing the Teen Titan to go launching into the air. JaK flew up and colldied with the ceiling and then plummeted back down to Earth. Although, even that impressive feat. of strength wasn't enough to keep JaK down. After the debris from the warhouse ceiling finished piling up on top of him, Sage quickly emrged and pushed the pieces off of him. However, what he didn't know was that Ironhide was right behind him and waiting. No sooner did JaK free himself, he was suddenly grabbed via the shoudler and lifted up into the air where Ironhdie set forwardth to dissolving or devouring JaK's metal armor as if his palm was a vacuum for metal, reducing him to human form again.

"Yer pathetic. You know that, ya little MAGGOT!"

That being said, Ironhide slammed the much weaker teen into the ground where a small cloud of dust flew up in the wake of JaK's body. Just to show emphais on how hard he was smashed into the floors unforgiving embrace. Then without even getting a chance to rest Ironhide capitolized by raising his leg up as high as he could and stomping down on the boy. The force from the hit cuased the enitre flooring to spike up all about as if an earthquake had just hit!

"You're NOTHING!"

Ironhide then lifted his boot up again, but JaK was no longer in view due to the last stomp digging him into the floor. Ironhide then hit the trifecta and seemingly crushed Sage underneath his foot, causing the entire flooring of the warehouse to rupture this time under his immense power. Afterwards the metal madman just smiled and dug around looking for his defeated opponent amongst the wreckage.

"How a weakling like you ever thought he was worth a damn is beyond me. The real Titans would be ashamed that a squirt like you ever thought he could even come close to their legacy, which I consider to be a mediocre one at best. Maybe this'll be a lesson..."

Finally, while digging through the rubble he thought he found JaK Sage's remains and yanked the boy out of the ground with his other fist raised. Ready to snuff any life out of him that he possibly had left.

"...to all you little twerps. If I take down one of yas, the rest will foll---"

Irohide kept talking as he did a quick jerking motion and pulled JaK out of the rummage, but instead of finding a bloody corpse, he unveiled a sparkling diamond covered teen still full of vigor and life. A fact proven by how JaK covered Ironhide's mouth to avoid any further super sonic screaming or insults.

"Anyone ever tell you, you don't know when to SHUT....UUUUPPPP!!!"

With that JaK back flip kicked Ironhide as the man held him in mid air with one arm and caused his head to jerk back like a bobble-head. Then as the glimmering diamond teen landed on his feet, he immediately charged forward in one quick movement and jabbed his palm into Ironhide's chest and within that same split second enlarged it. Thus ripping open his opponents body frame and exposing a huge gap leading to his organs underneath, which caused Ironhide to yelp in pain and agony as he dropped to the floor. With no metal to absorb/eat around him due to him destroying the entire area during their fight Ironhide was left to lay gasping for air with his parted lungs exposed. JaK had defeated him, but the question was where did the diamond armor come from? He had found it inside a stone after Ironhide had first sent him crashing into the ground and as he clenched what he thought to be pebbles that the man who seemingly organized this coo had thrown down earlier, he noticed they were rare hardened diamonds. Not the cheap stuff; for Sage to have cut open Ironhide's metal chest like that these diamonds had to have been hard, as in been in the earth for over millions of years. They were most likely stolen from a rare place, but why would this guy help JaK like that.

"*pant pant* Ok... Now TALK! Who in the heck are you and what was the point of all this, huh? *pant* Why throw a tournament to kill me and then help me out?"

As JaK spoke he was doubled over a bit, finding it hard to even keep his vision clear. Ironhide's hits had jumbled his mind and his body was shutting down on him. JaK had pushed past his limits; he couldn't even keep his armor up anymore as it dispelled itself and drained off of him.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm

"Oh, did I say this tournament was designed to kill you? Sorry about that. This tournament was never meant to kill you, this tournament was designed to soften you up and see how much you could take as well as dish out and I must say, I'm impressed. Still not enough to beat me though. You ask why I helped you out? Well the answer to that is pretty obvious. I'm the only one here who's going to kill you and I can't exactly do that if you're already dead can I?" Now that the healing process was complete there was no point in hiding anymore, time for the big reveal. Instead of just simply pulling the hood down on the robes that he's wearing. He simply clicks his fingers and the whole thing catches on fire.

Whereas to most people this would be like a big fireball he was just stood in there looking at the flames, which were just on the clothes, an inch off his skin. Once the fire finally went out it was revealed to Jak who it was. After all these months the brothers were once again face to face and if it was up to Nightmare this would be the last time. "So Jak, I hope you made the most of today because it's your last day on this Earth."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm

JaK's eyes widened and then narrowed as the suspect caught on fire. He couldn't believe at first that the guy had lit himself a blaze, but then he noticed the tint of the flames and with each passing nano-second he put more and more of the puzzle together. He almost kicked himself for not realizing it sooner, but then again, why would he have thought that he was still alive. The last time he had seen him it was in a huge explosion. However, as Sage thought all along, not even that could end him...The moment JaK had wanted most and yet also dreaded just as much had finally arrived; Nightmare had returned. At that moment David Sage revealed himself and his manic expression; a gaze and look that haunted JaK's dreams for the last four months.

"I can't say I'm surprised or unhappy to see you..."

JaK then tried to stand, but found himself unable to. Each one of his joints, tendons, and bones ached from the hundred plus hits Velocity had delivered to him. He had cuts and bruises, plus a deep gash in his shoulder from the knife Platoon had wielded in their battle, and he couldn't even focus enough or even see straight due to his battle with Ironhide...This was a bad situation, especially since to deal with Nightmare he would usually have to be on top of his game anyway.

"Urgh..Don't get me wrong, I loathe you more than all three of the scumbags I just fought put together, but it was nice of you to come to me. Now..."

JaK then forced himself to stand at the very least, with much difficulty, but it didn't matter pure will was what made him move. Extreme resolve and a burning desire to see the life of his brother end is all that kept him conscious at this point. The pure thought of him paying for ruining both their lives is all the drove him.

"....I can finish you here and now with no more interruptions from giant mutated monsters, bank tellers, robbers, and most of all my teammates."

JaK had wanted to keep them out of this since the beginning. Both Sage's knew how this was always going to end; with one of them finally dead, breathing their last breath at the other's feet, and not just after JaK found out about his parents real deaths either. He guessed he always knew that one day David and him would end each other, but he never thought it would be so soon or due to the reason behind it.

"You sick bastard, and I'm not saying that because of this little stunt you pulled here. I would've caught these hacks sooner or later. You just saved me time *sniffle* No, you're a monster because you feel absolutely no remorse for anything you do. You lied to me for years and killed the only two people who EVER really gave a damn about us, and for what? To live life on a crime spree, over jealously, because you could....Or is it all of the above?"

It was at that point JaK sopped breathing heavily and focused all his energy on the near purple skinned boy he used to know. David no longer even looked like himself, although he had healed good as knew. He was a shell of the brother JaK used to know year ago in Gotham...Good, that would make this a hell of a lot easier. He had no energy to armor up and no tricks up his sleeve. Just his own heartache, pain, and agony would have to be enough. He was going to make Nightmare feel the pain he had caused him for over seven years now. Every last tear, drop of sweat, and blood was going to be paid for in full and that was only to start with...

"I guess it doesn't really matter now. You're a sick man David, you've done terrible things of which I don't need to remind you of. You've killed too many people and everyday you live and I know that I'm somehow connected to you makes me feel somewhat responsible, or akin to you. I can't live with that on my conscience, and for that, I can't take you in. No law, no code of conduct, no jail cell will be enough. Not even slaying you over and over again or torturing you would be enough to atone for your multiple sins...."

JaK then clenched his fist while closing his eyes and wiped the tears from his face. The time for crying was over. Additionally, he ripped off all pieces of his tattered clothing except his gray shirt, which bore half of the Batman logo on it and had a cut above the shoulder where his stab wound was located and was missing half the bottom of his shirt on the other side of it. His pants were also missing the bottom part below the knee on the right side and on the left there were multiple holes in the material, including a large gaping hole just above the kneecap.

"The only way to make you suffer is by taking your LIFE, so that no one else can be hurt by your insanity. If today really is my last day on the planet, then know, on this day I will take you with me down to the bowels of whatever afterlife I end up in. I actually hear from many demons and gods that there's quite a few."

A half-hearted joke at the end of the speal as JaK Sage moved into the tiger palm stance. Usually performed by many martial artist as a readiness for battle stance. Now it was just a simple standoff as JaK's piercing yellow eyes met David's pure white ones. It was an ingenious plan for his brother to come up with knowing how JaK would react to such a challenge, but now it was time to make it backfire on him.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 am

"You really think you can take my life? You think you can take my life? That's like trying to say you'd beat the Flash in a race. We both know that it's just not gonna happen. You can say all you want about being a monster but we were together for years, are you really saying you were stupid enough not to notice or deep down did you always know I was like this and you just ignored it because secretly you wish you could do the same as me but you just didn't have the balls to do it?" Nightmare would then take a few steps forward while he encases both his arms in fire, he knew the fighting would start as soon as the talking is over

"You know as well as I do that I have always been like this and if you didn't notice it then you're more blind than Stevie Wonder. I mean come on, how many times did you have to try and restrain me from hurting someone and I bet that everytime you had that you only did it because you were afraid of liking what you'd see if I had actually done it and that it would have brought out the dark side in you. Let's just face it Jak, we're brothers, which means we're not that much different. Hell, maybe if you'd let your dark side out one in a while maybe we'd still be on the same side."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm

"You wanna see my darkside Nightmare?...HOW ABOUT THIS!?!!"

It was as if time was at a stand till after JaK spoke those last few words and then suddenly charged forward with the last bit of willpower he could muster. He ran and punched Nightmare as hard as he possibly could imagine in the gut, causing the boy to skid across the ground do to the mere speed and impact of JaK's blow. However, of course he retaliated by streaming fire JaK's way, which Sage avoided by leaning sideways to avoid the waveof teal fire. The heat was blazing and burned JaK even though it didn't hit him just by being near the flames his brother was spewing. Then as Nightmare brought them sideways to converge onto JaK, the flamethrowers connected only with each other, for JaK lunged into the air before they could crash down upon him and performed a long corkscrew front flip over Nightmare. Then spin kicked his foot into his very familiar foe after landing, breathing exasperatingly hard now. JaK was obviously slowing form fatigue, because Nightmare was able to block the blow with his upper bicep like nothing and then from under his raised arm shot a fiery bullet at JaK with a finger gun. He did always love to show off, but in this setting it was very dangerous for JaK even when he did make mistake, because he was too tired to capitalize on them. For example, the flaming shot connected right on Sage's left pectorial muscle and nearly burned through it, but JaK took the brunt of the pain and charged forward again anyway.

It was like he had been training just for this moment and imagined exactly how the fight would go down in his mind over a billion times. Every possible scenario, but of course, there's no way he could've known he would've been in this condition.

JaK's charge was met by a flaming right hook from Nightmare, which he ducked in barely, and then countered with a punch of his own. JaK's connected though and then after avoiding an uppercut from David, he followed by jabbing his kin in the throat. Finally, Dave landed a near clean blow when JaK was forced to block double head clap by throwing his own forearms up and felt the searing burn of his flesh disintegrating under the intense heat gnawing away at his skin, but this too would not be enough. JaK had felt worse, physically and emotionally. Hell, he had burnt his entire arm to the bone before and had his hand ripped clean off. This pain he could deal with, he could deal with anything to make sure this being died; no longer deserving of the title human. Immediately after blocking Jak threw his head forward and headbutted Nightmare in the cranium, casing him to stagger back again and then the two took a break. JaK's vision was extra blurred now after the hard hit, but he knew David would be fine in a moment. Also, the nerve endings in his extremely bloody and charred forearms were seared, in addition to his fingers trembling rather uncontrollably.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 pm

As he stood there watching his brother Nightmare couldn't help but let out an evil grin, he knew that the moment he had been waiting for was just moments away, he was finally ready to take his brother out of action, permanently. "Well Jak, it's been a good run. Sadly for you it's about to be over. You've fought bravely brother but you're broken now. Your spirit is willing I'll give you that, but your body just can't keep going." As Nightmare stood there Jak threw another punch, but this was sloppy, rash and totally out of anger, quite easy for Nightmare to avoid. "Still a little fight left I see, time to change that." As Nightmare stepped back to avoid the punch he would then lift his knee up and thrusted it straight up onto Jak's elbow while at the same time thrusting his elbow down onto Jak's forearm, totally breaking the bone at the elbow, leaving his forearm just dangling there. "That should do for now. But just in case." Nightmare would then jump up and hit a spinning back kick to his brothers jaw which sent him crashing to the floor below.

As he Jak lay there Nightmare would just stand above him, looking down on his brother. He would then hold his index finger up and surrounded it with flames before forcing it straight down into the middle of his brothers chest. As Jak let out a yell of pain Nightmare would just laugh, he had wanted to do this for so long. "So tell me Jak. Do you fear death?" As he asked the question he would pull the finger out of Jak's chest and place it in the middle of his forehead, ready to press down straight through his skull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Death in the Family
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next