Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dukes Up (Ask)
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Ama

» I solemnly swear I am not doing no good [Open]
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 am by CM

» how to avoid vanishing [open, it's a plot thread Bow]
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am by Tython

» Make A Meal Of It (Ask)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am by Bow

» Scarlet and Gold (Bloo)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am by Bow

» The Obituaries (Ask)
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm by Mega

» Hubble Bubble Now There's Trouble (Open)
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm by Brother Grimm

» Alduin Ryzestein
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm by Mega

» Danny Phantom
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 pm by Mega

Top posting users this week
CM

Ama

Top posting users this month
Mega

Tython

DivingDart

Ama

Emmz

Bow

CM

St. Jommy

The Departed

Brother Grimm

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Kyte

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Hugh Exley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Hugh Exley   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

"For the last time, 'attack' is not a plan."

HUGH 'PIX' EXLEY

«««IDENTITY»»»

Full Name: Hubert Matthew Exley
Nickname(s): Hugh, Hue
Codename: Pix
Alias(es): Sprite, Mario, Pixie, Creeper, Pixelmon
Race: Meta-Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

«««PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION»»»

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Height: 5'11”
Weight: 165lbs
Other Traits: When in his metahuman form his body becomes blocky like a 3D animated computer model; his face consisting of changing emoticons.

«««SKILL SET»»»

Powers
Pixelation – The ability to transform one's own body into pixels. Hugh is able to change between forms at will. While pixelated his body is easily torn apart but will automatically reform itself. In fact, he could be completely flattened and still pull himself back together. No matter the distance his pixels will undergo the compulsion to gather and regenerate.

Trauma caused by blunt force is lessened due to each individual pixel dispersing when faced with impact, rather than resisting. As such, Hugh can take a beating with ease. Bladed instruments are rendered inert, as there is no skin to cut or blood to be drawn. In a similar sense, bullets are also an ineffective weapon.

Pixelisation of his internal organs has negated the need for Hugh to breathe. Adverse biological agents (poisons, pathogens, parasites) are denied a place of roost whilst he is pixelated. While in this form the effects of temperature are reduced. Though he is not invisible to sensors that track biological phenomenon, he will register as an anomalous reading.

Under concentration, Pix may disassemble the matter of his own body to float freely. He could separate limbs and sections of his body to dodge attacks or else completely disassemble to perform simple tasks like sliding under a door. Using this method Pix may levitate himself but the effort required make it unsuitable for sustained flight.

Pixel control (Pixelkinesis) – The ability to mentally control the movement of pixels. This power may also separate pixels from their place of origin. Any display device or hologram can act as a source, whereupon the screen will be forever broken unless those pixels are returned. When separated, the pixels will float freely and can be fashioned into crude replicas of objects (e.g. steps, platforms), though nothing functional (e.g. gun). Their impact is akin to a vase being smashed.

Every pixel contains diodes which can alter in colour and brightness. This may be utilised to formulate blocky images reminiscent of a television screen, or for purposes of camouflage and illusion. Hugh may also use these pixels to increase his size. Pixels are also very useful for gumming up the works of machinery or irritating the delicate instruments in electronics.

This ability is psionic in nature, and Pix is actually a very powerful psionic, although his influence is limited to pixels.

Skills
* Quite knowledgeable in the field of security systems.
* A natural at political theory and constructive debate.
* Tactical genius.
- Knows basic electronics.
- Can drive.

Physical Weaknesses
- Although his pixelised form absorbs trauma well, Hugh still feels pain from these strikes and may be reluctant to perform a feat for that reason.
- Electricity, EMPs, or similar can render his pixels dud, paralysing him unless he resumes proper form.
- His real body is also the only way he can eat and drink, meaning he can't stay a sprite forever.
- Screens need to be nearby for Hugh to have excess pixels to control.
- While technopaths cannot control his pixels (for they exist as an element, not technology) they can still manipulate the diodes on his pixels (which control colour and brightness).
- While he will always reform, it can take time for Pix to pull himself back together from a complete deconstruction.
- Any injuries sustained in his normal form are permanent.
- Attacks from fire and lasers can reduce his pixelated constitution to slag, and although he can survive being frozen solid, it will render him inert.
- Powerful vacuums can disassemble Pix and possibly trap him in tight spaces where it is difficult to reform.

Mental Weaknesses
- Hugh is often arrogant and feels the need to prove his intellect when challenged, and even at times when not.
- Opinionated and argumentative, Hugh may speak out when wiser people would hold their tongue.
- When plans don't go as they should Pix has proven to be a sore-loser.
- Hugh has genuine trouble admitting fault, especially to those he should apologise to.

Equipment
- None.

«««CEREBRAL PROFILE»»»

Personality
Being clever is all that's really mattered to Hugh. Not book-smart or street-smart, but exercising common sense, lateral thinking, and making predictions through deduction. If he's ever not the smartest you can be sure Pix will be the most dogged or stubborn in trying to convince others of superior credentials. He is given to insult, extended explanations, and interruption.

He plans long-term, has a weather eye for politics, and prefers negotiation to physical confrontation. If it comes to fights he tends to hide behind allies better suited to the role, for fear of pain. He utilises misdirection and bluff to great effect, but can be petulant when one of his lies are called out or plans fail.

He enjoys debate and his arrogance does not blind him to the talents of others. He is most effective in a team. Mistakes have been made in his past, but Pix has never apologised for them. He struggles to admit fault on his own. Additionally he hates his father, despite emulating the man in most things.

Pix is loyal to his friends but has no problems testing that friendship with criticism.

- Banter
- Politics and political intrigue
- Explanations/The sound of his own voice
- Deceit

Dislikes
- Video games (just because he's made of pixels doesn't mean he's a gamer/hacker - dammit!)
- Apologising
- Getting knocked around
- Being predicted
- Anarchy

Habits/Hobbies
- When in pixelated form, his facial expressions become a series of emoticons (e.g. (^_^ happy) (0_0 surprised) (T_T sad) ( -﹏- annoyed) (D= wounded) ((⋋▂⋌) angry) ((◣_◢) business mode)).
- Seeks out arguments in Youtube comment sections.
- Replacing Kris' HF Blade with cheap polystyrene replicas.

«««PERSONAL BACKGROUND»»»

Family Members:
- Darren Exley (Father; congressman)
- Linda Exley (Mother)

Place of Origin:
- Humboldt, California

History
As a child Hugh was under constant pressure from the strong personality of his father. His father wanted him to be correct more than anything, and wouldn't let an errant thought go unchallenged. If his son could not defend a stance, then he'd be made to feel foolish supporting it. This had a profound effect on Hugh's development, preventing him from a chance to just be a stupid kid.

It led him to delinquency. In high school Hugh got involved with a gang who used him for his metahuman abilities (along with another metahuman Red Hand). Eventually he was invited to join the first incarnation of HIVE, where he made lifelong friends.

HIVE would go on to end the Zydon war. Their leader abandoned the cabal, forcing Pix to take his place trying to run things. It was around this time Pix came to the opinion taking orders had been stupid and he could run a scheme ten times better than his old bosses.

Since then he has negotiated with Titans for territory, kept good with various criminal factions in Jump City, sold his best friend to a monkey (you had to be there), and been a part of a conspiracy to restore California back to America.

Last edited by DivingDart on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:29 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Welcome to the site. You're next step will be to join a user group. You will not be able to post in the RP sections of the site until you join a group. If you have any questions or need someone to RP with, feel free to send me a Private Message.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Quinn
Code Name: Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaimed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Quinn
Code Name: Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Ready for review. List of changes:

- Pix got older. Like some kind of time traveller.
- Powers: Updated last paragraph of the Pixelation section. Added last two sentences to the Pixelkinesis section. Added last paragraph to the Weakness section.
- Everything under 'Psychological Profile' except the Personality section.
- History and Sample RP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man

RPG character
Name: Jackson Parella - Lafave
Code Name: Scout
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:18 pm

The HIVE is kind of a different beast now. Is everything in your history post reboot?

Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:46 pm

Yes. Everything HIVE related in the history happened after the reboot. In thread. I am aware of its current status as a school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man

RPG character
Name: Jackson Parella - Lafave
Code Name: Scout

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Alright coolio. I'd suggest you discuss future hive stuff with Energy (you might already be doing that) but I'll approve this and move it to the second approval area :3

Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Main Slot 4: N/A
Student Slot: N/A
Cannon Slot: AU Rachel Roth
Event Slot - Arc 1: Nicole Necowl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Edits entered successfully. Changes that can be expected:

- Whenever there is a debate in thread, Pix is now automatically right and everyone must say so.
- Pixels now impact with the weight of C4.
- HIVE took over most of the Western US, except for Oregon - screw Oregon.
- People agree with Pix about the monkey incident, and will tell Quinn when they see her she has to apologise to him.
- Mentioned he can drive in skills.
- Hoovers have been outlawed.

Y'know what. Just feel free to go back through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 am

So just to clarify and make sure- cause I think I know how but I just want to be sure.

He isn't a fairy? Very Happy

Alright alright. Gumming up machinery I get but the irritating electronics bit. How limited is that? Like, could he flip a light switch on and off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 pm

We're talking circuitry. If unfiltered air has the potential to dim a circuit board or trash a hard-drive, then a few dozen pixels pinballing around in there oughta knock something offline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Exley   Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 pm

You foolish fool
Back to top Go down