Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Chat Box Skin
Today at 11:14 am by Emmz

» Over Your Head (E then Open)
Today at 10:27 am by Energy

» Heros Of Tomorrow: M1: Late Night Bite [HOT/Open]
Today at 10:06 am by Energy

» Trainie Mod Applications
Today at 9:22 am by Energy

» Site Background Skin
Today at 7:29 am by Energy

» My Plans As Admin
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Emmz

» Magic Spell Brainstorming
Yesterday at 7:41 pm by Dar

» Thanks ^-^
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by Bloo

» Mission Passout
Yesterday at 8:58 am by Shadowwalker

Top posting users this week
Energy

Bloo

Shadowwalker

Kip

Dar

Noble

Emmz

Megabot

Top posting users this month
Energy

Dar

Tython

Shadowwalker

Bloo

Megabot

Noble

God King Ferg

Kip

Hellbreaker

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Bloo, Emmz, Energy, Hellbreaker, Rin, Shadowwalker

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Sterling

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

A Third Teen Titans Sector?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aphrodite
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Ariana Melrose
Code Name: Rosethorn
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey:

I was just throwing this idea out there to gauge people's reactions. It's very likely the idea has been presented before, but I decided to go ahead and write up my own proposal and see what people say.

Why not add a third (and possibly fourth) Titans Tower to Steel City? I think that if the board was given its own Titans team, it could see a lot more activity than just in its Streets. Some of those other boards haven't been touched since as far as May of this year; this is because no Titan feels its their responsibility to post in most of those places, and only visit the Streets of Steel once they've grown bored of the boards that Jump City has to offer. If you give the city its own Titans Tower, you'll see the activity of the board as a whole increase.

It would also help clean up some of the clutter that the other two towers have to deal with. The Teen Titans of CartoonNetwork only have five members living in its Central Tower. By my count (and my count may be off because honestly its very confusing to tell who's an active member of a tower and who isn't), we've got about sixteen active Teen Titans. This averages to eight per tower. I'm not saying eight is an outrageous number - it's actually pretty small if you think about how many heroes lived in the Justice League's space station or whatever - but if you redistribute that sixteen among three towers, you're now averaging five per tower with one teen leftover. It helps stick closer to canon in terms of a hero to tower ratio.

Also, the distribution of similar characters works well for team dynamics. Popular characters typically are composed of the following: the one with great leadership skills, the tech wiz, the elemental controller, the one dark badass, the amazingly stealthy ninja, the one who's super strong, the creative artist, or the one who is always tossing out jokes and punchlines. Having too many of these in one tower could get pretty annoying. With only two towers, new applicants will struggle to let their character's intended personality shine through because chances there is already someone similar to them in terms of personality already residing. An added tower - a fresh, nascent tower - is a blank canvas and needs to be filled with these types of characters. It's a new kind of stomping ground that could use the members and roleplayers can find their niche there, rather then just taking up another room at one of the other towers.

This isn't intended to keep people from roleplaying with one another. There will still be large plots and stories that will call for everyone to get together; titans from different towers will still have the ability to intermingle when they want; and the titans that reside in Jump will still be able to communicate with those residing in Steel. This is intended to reduce clutter, allow roleplayers and their characters to stand out, and increase the activity of the Steel City board.

Please reply with any thoughts/concerns/criticism. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I would say no to that proposition because we do have a new team, the Night Hawks, that's been organised by Dar and has been taking well.

As for Titans Central and its current members, I'd personally say that it's going pretty darn well for the diversity we have, and we've showed that particularly in the recent team training thread, "A Part of the Team," so aptly named. Smile

Also, even if there was to be another Tower, that'd bring up concern over what characters should be moved there, who will be the leader, et cetera, and yes, there are a lot of Titans living under one roof, but adding a new Tower would be overkill, in my opinion. When all chips are down, I'd say that the Titans collectively might be a little overbearing because we have so many heroes and not a lot of vilains, really, especially ones that are played actively and show up a lot. (I am not exempt; I haven't been playing Backlash much, but she's more of a specific plot oriented type--for now--seeing that there's already a lot going on, especially with the Hollowman plot in full swing.

So, to summarize, I think:

Another Tower shouldn't be added.

With my reasons being:

The Night Hawks is already a new heroic team on the uprise.

In TC, the members are working together, and I think their personalities show through.

In TE, from what I can tell (although I'm not a part of that team), the same applies.

There's the problem that, if this goes through, re-organising, re-electing, and confusion / complicated juxtaposition.

There's an outbalance of villains, and three teams as they are are kind of overbalancing the ratio of villains, and...

I just really like things how they are, put simply. Smile

So, there's my two cents. I hope it helps. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:37 pm

This idea has indeed come up before, many times. Each and every time it has been turned down for several reasons.

Roleplaying: With three or four teams, the cohesion between the Titans would suffer. Teams don't usually interact with other teams. If they did, they might as well be the same team. Having only two towers ensures that new players will have more experienced players available to RP with them. Also, on this (or any) RP site, there is a core group of players who will stay here for the long term and a constant group of short-term players. As sad as it is, there is an almost continuous supply of people who join the site, make a character, start a thread or two, and then never show up again. Making a third tower would probably put all of the short-term people together. After a few days, nearly the entire team could have already quit. In fact, many of the people who have suggested adding a new tower are no longer on this site. The Titans Central and East teams are filled with tried and true members to ensure the survival of those teams.

Steel: The entire point of Steel City is that there are no "Titans" there. It is part of a larger, less friendly world that exists outside of Jump City. Ex-Titans are free to move on there, and independent heroes, like Spider Girl, might try to make a name for themselves in Steel. Hero teams that are unaffiliated with the Titans are also welcome to start up shop in Steel, if they feel they can handle it. Steel is not the place for shiny new Towers filled with Titans. It is the place for back-alley fights. Steel City is not the focus of the site, Jump is. If Steel's activity is down, it isn't a problem.

Numbers: Even in the show, we saw that the team wasn't limited to only 5 members. Blackfire joined the team (for 1 whole episode). Terra stayed on the team for almost a whole season. In the comics, there are way more than 8 members per tower. These towers are really big. They can hold a lot of people if they have to. Also, throughout the series (especially in season 5) we see the rise of "Honorary Titans," who are also on this site. Honorary Titans don't stay in the Tower and do not answer to the team's authority, but they have a communicator and respond to whatever crisis comes up. My own character, Grace Koori, was an Honorary Titan for quite a while.

Ideally, there should only be one tower. Titans East is meant to be the overflow team. Independent teams, however, are welcome. You don't need to be a Titan to patrol the streets of Jump or of Steel. The Night Hawks were started to provide an alternative to the Titans.

I hope I've addressed everything. These are the reasons why such teams have been turned down in the past, and I think they are valid reasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 pm

^ That statement pretty much literally covered every word I could have written in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Ariana Melrose
Code Name: Rosethorn
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 pm

All right. Valid enough for me. Thanks for quick responses, guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Third Teen Titans Sector?   

Back to top Go down

A Third Teen Titans Sector?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1