Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My disappearance
Today at 3:58 am by Hellbreaker

» The Arrival (Open)
Today at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 am by Gwen

Top posting users this week
Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Shadowwalker

Hellbreaker

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Silent Night

Sterling

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Energy

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Would you guys like..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys like..?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm

First, a brief history of our characters will most likely be written, however this might not be completely used seeing we are changing them to a certain amount.

As for last, RP skill is something I value. Very much. To me, one's character shapes better when one tries to go for the limit and beyond it. when I first RPed, my 'skills' were less then any of you guys. I could hardly write English.

Now, this made me lose a lot of confrontations/matches (It was a Wrestling based website) but the better I got in RPing, the better my character developed. Peopel showed more interest, chances were created, Emblem flourished to eventually become a top tier wrestler.

If I would want to teach all of you something then it would be to try and improve your roleplaying skill everytime. Sure some type lots and some don't, but it's also what you type. Describe what you imagine to a reasonable extent, and make sure others, who don't see what you envision, can eventually read it as if they saw it themselves.

I am currently in a conversation with Krious how much we are going to have RP skill weigh in certain situations. Let me highlight this with a crude but easy example:

Say, that after a gruesome alleyway brawl, which costed you a lot of energy (You thought the thugs needed a lesson and went all out) you face Emblem Trailblazer, with Krious Alistair standing behind him. All you character could know is that Emblem's a hothead and uses fire.

I'm ticked off if your character (Without reason) would be able to find the perfect counter to Emblem's every move without any hardship, or would face him head-on full power Leeroy Jenkins style (I'm kick yo ass n00bz) without any hint he might have fought before or have a big enough brain to think anyway. The same applies to attacking Krious.

The first would suggest the character has either unbased knowledge of Emblem / Krious or is godmodding, and the second would suggest their RP skill is most probably lacking. You would have to have a very strong deathwish if you take down an entire alleyway gang full power, then see Emblem AND Krious and fight them without a moment consideration and without any sign of being tired in the slightest.

Now this is only an example, and I am sure people will find something in this that their character can do. But it's there as a simple enough example, nothing more. In such cases, I believe it is the narrator's job to correct such story butchery in any way he or she sees fit.

If a character however does RP correctly (no butchery) then no harm will be done. It's a relative thing, but you cannot expect me to take you serious if I type half a book and others type 1 line with ill grammar in response. On this Wrestling thing I mentioned earlier, that'd cause you an instant humiliating loss.

If you however, get a chance to fight Emblem and do so, without any butchery as I call it, then the fight will be a good one. You can always (if you REALLY don't know any way to play) PM me to see if I got some hints for you.

So in short, if you keep it real (No unnatural behaviour / instant-regeneration powers) then every fight will be a good one. Try and improve every time, and you'll be taking the spotlight fast enough, I won't be there to stop you.

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CM
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys like..?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I guess there's no picking back up our thread is there, eh?

Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Ariana Melrose
Code Name: Rosethorn
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys like..?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:46 pm

*applauds*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys like..?   Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 am

Ah, thank you guys for putting that straight in my noggin'; I appreciate it immensely!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys like..?   

Back to top Go down

Would you guys like..?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2